The Fraser Coast Marine Centre of Excellence aims to be a valuable educational resource for the Community highlighting the need for marine conservation not only for our humpback whales, but for all marine life within the Great Sandy Marine Park to ensure a vibrant and sustainable tourism future for all.
Education will be delivered through a variety of means, including the following:
- ‘Making Waves’ educational forums performed at the Whale Festival Annually
- Lectures offered by local whale experts at the Fraser Coast Discovery Sphere
- Junior whale whisperer program
- Educational events and the Fraser Coast Discovery Sphere in conjunction with local and regional wildlife or environmental groups.
- Educational materials and resources for use by School children when visiting the Fraser Coast Discovery Sphere.